Thursday, April 25, 2019

Almost There!

Just the "center" part of the quilt.  What will the border be?
Here's a new one I started this week.  The six blocks on the outside and the pastel block in the middle were from a trade where the blocks were supposed to be 12-1/2",  but none of these even came close to 12".  For the original trade, I wound up making six blocks to replace these and sending those off instead.  But since I've always been intrigued by this pattern,  so I kept them and knew I would one day turn them from UFOs to a finished quilt.  You can see I added a very thin sashing between the blocks, primarily because Sabryin complained there was "too much white" and then I decided to cut the 160-something 2-1/2" squares (one-by-one by the way) and use those for the background.

Now I am at the point where I need to determine what the border will be.  If you have ideas, leave a comment. 

4 comments:

Pattyskypants said...

Can you believe I've been doing this blog for five years?!!

Unknown said...

Test, sibbilancshke

Nancy said...

Trying once again. I had to clear all cookies and then sign out, and sign back in to Blogspot. Phew. I love the blocks and the settings, and especially the very narrow borders you added. Wonderful.

Anonymous said...

I constantly spent my half an hour to read this web
site's articles all the time along with a mug of coffee.