Thursday, July 4, 2019

Last of the minis

13-1/2" x 15" vintage hearts mini quilt
This is the last of them, for a while at least.  As far as I know, I do not have any other bags of mini quilt tops buried in the sewing room.  I barely know what I have in there anymore!  But I AM using up good bits of my stash of quilting cottons.  Yay! Unfortunately, I have yards and yards of fashion fabrics which I will probably put in my etsy shop someday soon. 

This morning I started quilting the 4-patch/string top and once that is done I will start cutting the fabrics for a wedding quilt. 

Have a good one!  Oh, and please try to be courteous and not shoot off fireworks in close proximity to other homes.  Dogs and cats, as well as many people (especially veterans) and babies, can be traumatized by the noise.  We are lucky enough to live in a city that provides an impressive municipal fireworks display; of course, that doesn't prevent neighborhood idiots from spending half their paycheck in an effort to blow themselves up, despite the fact that shooting off fireworks within the city limits is illegal.  We actually have a neighborhood just outside the city limits that puts on what they call The Fireworks War.  It's quite scary!

So, probably no sleep tonight even with the ear plugs.  This is one holiday I hate.  


No comments: