Thursday, January 29, 2015

COMO Pin-Ups

You know, I love to use the public library meeting rooms to pin-up quilts.  The tables are big and solid and there is no fear of harming them with pins.  However, in order to reserve a room at our more than fabulous (and I do mean that sincerely) library, you have to apply as a group.  So I created my group COMO Pin-Ups on the spot!  Maybe in the future someone will join me and we will have a group pin-up!  Not quite sure how to publicize it, though.  Meet-Up costs money, which I am unwilling to spend.  Perhaps a simple flyer that I can distribute to local sewing/fabric shops . . . what do you think?  Anyway, here is the fruit of my labor.  Only a small amount of bleeding occurred.
The backing. 
The top measured 48 x 53, so of course I had to piece the backing.  These are Amy Butler fabrics, mostly Midwest Modern.  It's the fourth in the Amy Butler series using the melon shapes cut from the applique of the previous quilt made. 

The sandwich ready for pinning.  My motley collection of safety pins . . . NOT the fancy-schmancy curved ones that make it easier on your wrists and fingers.  But that's my way:  the Hard Way.  No pain, no gain, right?

In the process of the pin-up.  Love these colors and the fabrics.  Very cheerful, especially in the middle of winter.

All pinned up and ready to quilt!! 
I chose not to add a border to this top because . . . WHY?  I didn't want to disturb the flow.  It's going to make me very happy to quilt this one because I just love the colors and the spirit of it.  It's like a garden in June!  Hope you are all toasty and warm.  Remember, in six weeks it will be time to plant snow peas and kale!  xoxo

No comments: