Thursday, August 15, 2019

OMG it's August Already!

Not  a great photo -- apologies!

I spent the day canning antipasto relish, but did have time to take a photo of the current UFO (attached).  I sewed this top back in the early 90's and it hung on the living room wall for a long time (I'd hung it during the xmas season and Mark liked it so much he wouldn't let me take it down).  I'm afraid a lot of my unfinished quilt tops suffer the same fate, although at this point there are only five on the walls and a sixth that is an actual quilt with batting, binding, and everything!!

This particular top came about in two stages.  The four rows of houses on snowy streets came first and that's what hung on the wall for such a long time.  Then I finally took it down and added the stars border, which I am totally in love with.  It's only 43" x 62" so I can pin this up at home and hope to have that done by Sunday.  First I have to piece together the batting using batting scraps I've been saving.  The backing will be a dark navy celestial with gold stars. 

No comments: