Friday, September 6, 2019

Stars and Bars

Yet another Stars & Bars.  It won't be the last.
 Here is yet another Stars and Bars top that is, at this point, pinned up and ready to quilt. 

I had 64 blocks that I made back in the 90's.  The burgundy/brown pieces for many of the stars came via a snail mail round robin, but I provided the tan and muslin fabrics.  The photos are not reading as red as they should, so apologies for that.

This quilt uses 25 of the 64 blocks I have.  That means there will be at least one more of these and then I will have 14 blocks left over with which I think I will make a small crib quilt, but not in the Stars and Bars arrangement.  But, maybe! 

Red and Brown is a favorite combo.

This is the backing.  Color's not reading right here, sorry!

This photo shows the backing that I chose.  I was very fortunate to have purchased five yards of this wonderful reproduction fabric when it was on sale long ago. 


I think I mentioned previously that I am not buying new fabric to finish these UFOs; I'm relying on stash fabric only.  Incredibly, this is working out well for me.  My old habit was every time I finished a top I went out shopping for backing fabric.  A great way to build a stash, but mine is so big I could actually open a shop.  Consequently, I am sometimes piecing the backing.  Again, that seems to be working well for me and it makes the quilt just a little more delightful, in my opinion.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

So beautiful. I want to shop your stash!