Saturday, December 21, 2019

New Projects and Happy Holidays!

Four new projects in the works!
I don't even know if these projects have formal names but here they are and all are made from scraps.  (1--far left) a pinwheel for which I am still cutting and sewing -- have a long way to go on this, so it will probably be a 2020 finish.  (2--mid photo) I'm sure this block has a formal name but I don't know what it is and it doesn't matter to me presently.  This can be classified as a UFO because while looking for backing fabric for one of the 2019 finishes I came across a box of half-square triangles that I'd made for a Delectable Mountains quilt that I finished a couple of years ago.  I had enough for nine of these blocks and I will arrange them on-point with the delightful yellow print just under the blocks. I think this will be pretty and it will probably be finished next week as it will be small.  (3--top right) Another UFO I have been cutting and collecting scraps for this for since the turn of the century.  Is it Dresden Plate?  This, too, will take a while and will be a 2020 finish.  (4-- bottom right)  This is a true scrappy quilt consisting of strips of small scraps sewed together in bands.  I have been sewing these strips together for several years and finally have enough for a large quilt.  It's possible this could be finished before the new year.  Who knows.  In any case, sewing small scraps together to create new fabric is kind of an obsession with me, so this one will finish while a new one is being created.

Then let me say Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukka, Fabulous Winter Solstice, Brilliant Kwanzaa, and Happy New Year!  Looking forward to finishing more projects and sharing them with you next year.  xoxo

No comments: