Sunday, December 29, 2019

The Last and the First

Last quilt of 2019 to be the first finish of 2020?
I finished this top yesterday and will be searching for the backing today.  I'll be looking for binding fabric too, since I ran out of the fabrics in the border.  Oops!  If I could get a room to pin it up, it would be done by New Year's Eve; but as it is I can't get a room until January 2, so it will be the first finish of 2020.   This one is made from Civil War era and 1800's reproduction fabrics and is, therefore, one of my favorites.  It's 60" x 60".

It is entirely possible that I will have another finish before Tuesday.  I'm always finding random blocks and partially completed tops and if I find one that is 45" or less, I can pin it up at home and get it quilted before 2019 ends. 

In the meantime, make the most of 2019 because who knows what 2020 brings!  At the outset, however, I wish you all a very Happy New Year!

No comments: