Sunday, January 5, 2014

brrrrrrr

Most of you are experiencing one form or another of The Big Chill and so am I.  I don't want to think about it.  I am in denial.  So in order to avoid thinking about it I have been trying to keep myself busy all day with tasks.  First, I crocheted a dice bag for Sabryin . . . just scrap yarn that's been hanging around the house since the last time we had this kind of weather.  Second, I darned a pair of Sabryin's socks (80's vintage and handknitted by someone in South America).  Third, I was shuffling through photos on my jump drive and found this UFO:

Seven blocks made using xmas fabrics.  So I went down into the cold, cold sewing room and found these and decided to get to work.  My dilemma:  I need nine blocks to make a small quilt.  Eureka!  Found one 9" block and added borders to it to get a 12-1/2" block.  Found two 6-1/2" blocks and two 4" blocks and added borders and sewed them together to make one 12-1/2" block.  I took an old mattress pad and cut it up to use for the batting because I decided to do a quilt-as-you-go process on this one.  By the end of the afternoon (and well after the snow stopped), I have quilted three of them.  Then I came up and made meatballs for dinner (with pasta and sauce, of course).

Tune in tomorrow to see if I've made any progress.  xxoo

1 comment:

Lucky Lady said...

Thanks for taking time to stop by my blog, Baby was so special