Saturday, January 13, 2018

North Wind

North Wind pattern in Kaffe Fasset prints, 9-1/2" blocks.
Well, I made some progress with the sewing mojo problem!  I have 27 of these blocks so far and am aiming for 30; so by the end of today I should be done with block making.  From that point on, I don't know how it will go, that is to say how many borders I will add or what they will be.

All I know is I do not feel I was adventurous enough with the fabric combinations and I didn't have enough Fasset lights to make all the blocks I needed so there are three other prints in here that are not KF (so sue me). 

Another thing I know is that I did not enjoy working with the KF prints.  I do not think the quality of the fabric is equivalent to the price paid; it's too wimpy . . . I don't even think starch would help.  The print designs are glorious, for the most part, and worthy of much better quality fabric.

This, by the way, is a very fun pattern and especially useful for using up scraps.  I am happy to share the pattern; just leave a comment. 

xoxo

5 comments:

Nancy said...

I have that bag of modern scraps for you. May I send them when I get my check this month? I just saw a KF quilt I reallly like - muted driftwood tones and greys from his "Simple Shapes, Spectacular Quilts" book, which I am going to try to get from the library this week. It is a beautiful diamond-shaped block made with hexagons. I know, it would have me pulling out my hair but it is so lovely, I may have to try it.

Nancy said...

P.S. I absolutely love your North Wind quilt. The colors are great - remind me of rainbow sherbet. I first saw that pattern as a block of the month at a quilt shop in Minnesota. That is where I fell in love with the Folk Art Wedding line. I still have a 5 yard piece I just cannot give up. I would like to make this pattern but in "icy" Minnesota-winter type colors. Of course, it could be Buffalo-winter colors too from what they got this year. We got a paltry 3-4" all winter, so far. I really, really want at least one good storm. Should have stayed in Maine,

Pattyskypants said...

If you want to send them I will definitely use them! :-)

Pattyskypants said...

I'm glad you like this and I love your idea of making it with "icy" winter colors!

Pattyskypants said...
This comment has been removed by the author.