Sunday, June 30, 2019

More Minis!

12-1/2" x 14-1/2" Kaleidoscope
So, yes, I finished three more today.  This surprise stash of mini quilt tops has been fun!  I'm using up a lot of batting scraps and these little quilts are a wonderful pick-me-up for a hot and humid day!  Wish I could remember the name of the pattern in the first one (thanks to Nancy Schaub who identified this as Kaleidoscope).  I made a larger scale quilt using this pattern which is no doubt lurking in the quilt closet pining for a bed to lay upon!

Lively pinwheels  11" x 13"
By far, the most fun pattern for little scraps!  I could have added another border to this one, but chose not to do so.  I like it the way it is.

"Hearts"  10-1/2" x 13"
And finally my favorite hearts pattern.  I've made many versions of this pattern and have lots of other minis that I have used as Valentine "cards" . . . including a "Blue Valentines" version.

Tomorrow I go to the library to pin up at least one more full-size quilt.  I might have time and energy to pin up two and if that's the case I will be all caught up with finished vintage tops (except for the Picasso).    In the meantime, I have four more minis to finish and they are so fast and easy, I will probably finish those before I start working on the full-size quilts.  Besides, my poor little Pfaff is probably overworked at this point.  I might need to give it a vacation and pull out the old Singer 99K.  Hate using a walking foot, though. 

No comments: