Monday, February 24, 2014

No Kill Shelter Quilt

I finished it yesterday, but I'm about to go off and have surgery so I'm afraid it won't be in the auction tomorrow.  Completion was delayed because I developed skin splits in my fingers -- something that happens often in the winter time, which I blame on antibacterial soaps and detergents -- and I had to wait for the splits to heal (cocoa butter and bandaids).  The quilting was all that had to be done and I tried free-hand (not freemotion) and loved it.  This is 44 x 44 and is cotton 1800s repro fabrics with warm & natural batting.  The gold block is in honor of Ginger Jasper, who crossed the Bridge last year, and the brown and carmel calico on the lower left is in honor of Sweet Praline, who left two years ago.
Detail of the free-hand quilting, which I think is fairly expressive.

Photo of the back-lit backing.  Kitty ghosts! 

What would you bid?

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Great job on the piecing and quilting. I am so sorry you missed the deadline. Could you not offer it for bids on your blogs, and/or on ebay and then send the proceeds to the shelter?